TMS therapy is a non-invasive, non-drug, FDA-cleared treatment for individuals diagnosed with Major Depressive Disorder (MDD) who have failed to receive satisfactory improvement from 1 prior anti-depressant medication. However, to be covered by insurance, most carriers require that a patient has failed to achieve satisfactory improvement from at least 3 or 4 prior anti-depressant medications.
TMS Therapy is contraindicated in individuals with implanted metallic devices or non-removable metallic objects in or around the head.
To determine if TMS is right for you, please answer the following questions. If you answer “yes” to two or more questions, then TMS therapy may help you:
- Are you on more than one anti-depressant medication?
- Is your current medication failing to provide adequate benefit for your depression?
- Do the side effects from your medication outweigh the benefit?
- Has depression increased your doctor visits for other healthcare conditions?
- Is depression affecting your ability to make a living?
- Does depression still have too much control over your life?
The Neuro Wellness TMS Therapy process ensures the highest level of patient care. Once you fill out a Consultation Form or receive a referral from your doctor, we will schedule your Complimentary Consultation. During the Consultation, a Neuro Wellness Patient Consultant will meet with you to obtain your medical history and review your insurance information. Patients who are ready to begin treatment will then meet with a Neuro wellness Psychiatrist for a Pre-Assessment. Once the Pre-Assessment is complete, the Psychiatrist will determine if TMS Therapy is appropriate for you. Eligible candidates will then begin their TMS treatment.